Friday 16 March 2018

The Garden

I long to write a post on the garden, about my endeavours out there and the joy it brings; alas the weather has been truly bloody awful for much of the winter and the only time the garden is remotely dry enough to work in is when it's frozen solid.
 
The lawn is so wet we have a transitory pond and I believe crocodiles once again inhabit the bamboo - makes a change from the cat ambushing me from it.
 
I have done some weeding, pruning of the fruit bed and tidied the greenhouse but none of these make pretty pictures; in fact the only pictures would be of empty pots on shelves and sad looking plants sticking up out of mud.
 
This year we will be mostly addressing the drainage issue or by all the small gods I will dig a pond in the middle of the lawn!
 
Until summer arrives I will leave you with  pictures of past glories we can only now dream about.
 



 
Look colour!
 



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it is not just me. I have lots of "proper" gardening blogs bookmarked, and read about these everso-keen people who are already out there, tidying up, sewing seeds, preparing for the coming season, bla bla bla.

    It's been "bloody horrible" here too, and there are days when if it were not for having to taking Daisy out, I am sure I would not set foot outside my door all day.

    If you do dig that pond we can help you out with frogspawn next Spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, excited squeaks - I have just paid a bit of attention to your favourite books List.

    China Bayles series - me too :-)
    Harry Dresden - loved them, the TV series was OK too.
    (and when we lived in Hampshire, occasionally I used to walk Ollie at Watership Down ...)

    ReplyDelete