Thursday 6 November 2014

Of Books

A new book arrived in the post today.

It's one I've been waiting to arrive for a while.


It's a collection of writing; stories and poems of the Southwest of America by the women that know that land; edited by one of my favourite authors, Susan Wittig Albert.
 I read a lot of books and now I have my Kindle it's so easy to download them; but there is, to my mind, still nothing like a real life book.

The inviting cover calling to you, the creamy pages covered in crisp print, the warm scent of paper or old book bindings; and in this case the tactile seduction of rough cut pages.
All these things form a part of the poetry that is at the very heart of a book.
This book will be savoured along with several cups of coffee and cake and I can't wait to read it.

The most splendid firework of last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment