Thursday 8 February 2018

Pfeh!

Jean-Luc and I have now recovered from the village lurgy that we have been suffering from for over a month. Until last week we'd barely been out except for shopping trips; notable exceptions where a trip to a local antiques warehouse, an evening out at the pub (we were in bed by 9.30) and today, when we went for a short walk at a local nature reserve.  We ended up with Jean-Luc napping on the sofa and me snuggled up in a shawl nursing a cup of mint tea - both knackered by a 45 minute walk. Ridiculous. 
Opinion around the village is that this bug hangs around for at least 4 weeks and wends its way through your system in series of ups and downs - you think it's gone, you do some light physical activity and woomp! back down you go into aching limbs and sore throat territory.
The bells have been rung, crosses painted on doors and the parish council are mustering volunteers to stand at the entrances to the village intoning 'Unclean!' in sepulchral tones.
 
In an effort not to be drawn into the horrors of daytime TV, I spent the time crocheting socks. 


 
Snuggly and cheerful rainbow socks.
 
Considering the weather - beautifully warm.

I've also finally got to grips with quilting this quilt.

 
I sort of like this pastel quilt; it's not in my usual colour range and is made from a load of fat quarters I had bought on a whim.  It's been hanging around for a while now as a UFO and I've finally bitten the bullet and started finishing it - with help of course!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you've both had whatever this awful bug is, sounds like one of many month-long variants doing the rounds this winter.

    Your quilt is gorgeous! Like you, I don't do much with pastels (far too many opportunities for dirt in this house!) but I love the way all your 9-patch blocks blend together, it's gently harmonious without being 'blaaaa' if you know what I mean. It's certainly a big beast, how are you going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne,

    Thanks for the compliments - I find it really hard to work with pastels without them looking bland, so I really appreciate your comment. As for quilting it, it'll be by hand - the perfect way to pass wet, cold evenings. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete