Monday 7 July 2014

Ta Dah!

Well here it is! I finally crocheted something for my sister. It's a rucksack.  I got the pattern from Simply Crochet.

The pattern has a lovely texture and looks really complicated but it's not.  The body of the rucksack is worked on the round as a continuation of the base so the only real joining you do is the flap to the body (and all the fastenings of course).  It's recycled cotton yarn denim blue worked on a 4mm hook.  The yarn was lovely to work with; very soft yet robust enough to make a firm base and dense body - no change dropping out of this bag.

I'm really pleased how it's worked out.  I do hope she likes it.


I added some simple flowers to hide where the flap fastener is attached to the flap.

I also added some beads spelling her name as the toggles on the end of the cord.

My sister isn't a girly girly and I'm hoping this isn't a girly rucksack.  I've tried not to embellish it too much.
More importantly it should be large enough to carry a book, a purse and a coffee travel mug; the measure of a good bag in our family.


Happy Birthday lovely sister. xxx
(slightly belated 'cos I didn't want to ruin the surprise :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment